Electric scooter catches fire in Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi | Thane News –

banner img
The fire brigade team suspects a short circuit in battery a reason behind the blaze.

BHIWANDI: In yet another incident, an electric scooter (EV) caught fire in the Bhiwandi area of Thane district of Maharashtra on Wednesday .
The incident took place in Brahman Aali area of Bhiwandi when the EV scooter was plugged in for charging inside a building compound.
The fire brigade officials said that owner of the vehicle had plugged scooter for charging, and when he spotted a smoke and fire coming out of the battery compartment, he informed the fire brigade team.
Shishupal Rathod, fireman said, “Before our team reached the spot, the owner of vehicle had controlled the fire.”
The fire team suspect a short circuit in battery a reason behind the blaze.
Due to rising petrol price across the country, many people are buying electric vehicles to save the cost.
Recently, after several such fire incidents in the EV vehicles, the government had ordered a probe.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

FacebookTwitterInstagramKOO APPYOUTUBE